Work Passages Program for WorkFirst Recipients
Work Passages offers Evaluation services to single parents who are WorkFirst recipients and who are dealing with the challenges of going to work and caring for their children. If you are receiving WorkFirst benefits, ask yourself the following questions:
- Unable to decide what type of job you want?
- Interested in job training?
- Nervous about getting back into the routine of work after being out for a while?
- Not sure why you have lost jobs in the past?
- In need of extra support while training on a new job?
- In need of one-on-one help finding the right job for your skills and interests?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, talk to your Job Counselor.
You may benefit from Vocational Testing that helps you identify job interests as well as your skills and abilities. You will have an opportunity to participate in a job seeking skills class to review interviewing skills, learn how to search for a job, and discuss employment issues.